I had my weekly doctor visit this morning and it was pretty uneventful. My blood pressure and weight are fine, my belly is measuring at 38 weeks & the baby's heartbeat was 140 bpm. The doctor checked me and I'm still 50% effaced (same as my 35 & 37 week checkups). So things haven't progressed any further & I haven't started to dilate yet. Dr. Meyer estimated that when I go into labor, it will last about 8 hours - that doesn't sound too bad. Also, he thinks that I won't go into labor until closer to my due date. I believe we'll talk about what date he'd want to induce me at next week Tuesday's checkup.
The baby hasn't dropped yet so I think he's going to stay cozy in my belly for a little while longer. Hopefully there will be more progress by the time I see Dr. Meyer again next week! I think that I'll go for some long walks this weekend to try & help move things along.
Have a great night!


2 comments:
there is something else they tell you to do to move things along! :)
~sara
Congratulations Jackie and Jason. You have a beautiful baby and I know you'll be awesome loving parents. Rick and I are extremely happy for both of you. Tricia
Post a Comment